Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sarah Emsick
6009 Franklin Street 68014 Omaha, NE
Home Phone: (402)-614-1698
Cell Phone: (402)-213-9181

Education:
Harrison Elementary - 7 years
Lewis and Clark Middle School - 2 years
Central High School - 3 years, 2006 - Present
Experience:
Coco Keys Lifeguard:
- June of 2009- Present
- Keep Coco Keys safe and clean, while enjoyable for the guests
- Always making sure the guests are happy
Teaching swimming lessons:
- Omaha Public Schools
- The teacher aide
-2006-2008
Child Care:
- Church Nursery and Sunday School helper
- From 2003-2008, Emmanuel Fellowship
- Babysitting From 2004-Present
Sarah Emsick
6009 Franklin Street 68014 Omaha, NE
Home Phone: (402)-614-1698
Cell Phone: (402)-213-9181


Values to hold

Parents, the people who shape us in to who we will grow up to be, making sure that we grow in knowledge and love. They share their warmth and kindness and they protect us from evil things so that no danger will ever be present. One should never have to fear for the life of their own or the life of their parents when they are still very young and still looking up to their parents for guidance when things turn ill. But, when ones parent are not in the right mind set because he/she has been drinking alcohol all night what is one to do? Does one run and hide, confront him/her, help, or lay in bed dreaming of the terrible things that could happen if they were to do something stupid while drunk? Should you wait it out and see if you can make it through the night or should you call some one and tell them what is going on? So you decide to wait it out and by the morning they will not remember any thing and you will not bother to mention the nights previous tales.
This may sound horrible, and it pretty much is, but I want to start off by saying that my mother is a wonderful women. Any day and every day she is my super hero and she just amazes me on how she made it through this far. Yes life was pretty rough and crazy when I was little. My mother was facing depression and she didn’t know how to deal with the pain. She never took her pain out on us, her children, but she almost drank her self to death and that almost ripped our family apart. My mother has been sober for almost 5 years now and she has made some great changes in her life because she have chosen a different path. One great accomplishment that she was finally able to achieve was to becoming a music teacher after many years of hard work and focus.
Alcohol and drugs are not something that I am quick to run to, I am not a fan of either. They have both personally effected my family in the negative way and only terrible things can come from messing with chemicals that change your way of thinking. From personal experience, I value my own state of mind and I do not plan taking any thing or drinking any thing just for a few hours of fun. If people do not know how to cope with the world with out the help of other substances than how do they plan to get through the rest of their lives? I do not want to be limited in life, addicted to some thing that I will never be able to give up. I want to live freely and happily, substance free.


When I ended my Junior year, I was feeling the pressure from both of my parents to get a job, most of the nagging was coming from my father’s end and he saw to it that I get a job. His slogan and favorite saying when talking about college and the future is, “Once you get this done you’ll be set for LIFE!” sure dad it is really that easy. But because of the parent pressure and million and one job applications I finally succeeded in snatching a job. Blair, my twin, and I ended up working at the same place, Coco Keys, and so every thing was fun and great over the summer because I had my sister there. But once school started I had to deal with both the dead line of homework and projects all while keeping up with my work schedule. I still find it a constant struggle to choose between work or school. If I have to work one night I know that I will not be able to finish my homework for the day because there will just be no more gas in the engine. This Senior Year has been probably my hardest year at Central, but I am giving it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment